A question about Cloverworks
Im sorry to ask,but is there a reason why Cloverwork's recent projects are entering their HEAVY character acting era?
That seems pretty subjective to me. CLW only started gaining recognition from 2018 onwards, when they started taking on regular anime production work. So they've only been actively operating under that name for around 5 years. Hard to speak of a true "era" in that regard.
Before that time the team at CLW was a branch of A-1 Studios. That later seperated and formed CLW as it is now. (Still the same staff though)

One of their first anime under the brand of "Cloverworks" was "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai" and while I'm not a numberino guy (and i rather take stats than my hazy memory) 28/41 uploads from that show are character acting related. (After all, it's a slice of life anime and they tend to have less military wars going on than your average shounen - thus focusing on displaying the emotions of characters). Later on they've continued with TPN, WEP, Bisque Doll, Bocchi etc.
DruMzTV said:
That seems pretty subjective to me. CLW only started gaining recognition from 2018 onwards, when they started taking on regular anime production work. So they've only been actively operating under that name for around 5 years. Hard to speak of a true "era" in that regard.
Before that time the team at CLW was a branch of A-1 Studios. That later seperated and formed CLW as it is now. (Still the same staff though)

One of their first anime under the brand of "Cloverworks" was "Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai" and while I'm not a numberino guy (and i rather take stats than my hazy memory) 28/41 uploads from that show are character acting related. (After all, it's a slice of life anime and they tend to have less military wars going on than your average shounen - thus focusing on displaying the emotions of characters). Later on they've continued with TPN, WEP, Bisque Doll, Bocchi etc.
Yeah I felt that for certain projects like WEP,Bisque,Akebi,and Bocchi there was MORE intensive character acting but I feel like that's mostly because of Yuuichi Fukushima(for akebi) ,Shouta Umehara,and mostly importantly what the epsiode directors and storyboard artist provided/asked for.