FBarra said:
Anyone?
no studio tagging, only animators.
KamKKF said:
no studio tagging, only animators.
Got it.
FBarra said:
Got it.
You can bring them up in the comments, just no tagging.
why are we so against listing studios? I feel like it would be helpful if I want to search by studios for specific styles like Ghibli, ufo, kyoani etc
you basically listed the only 3 situations where a studio tag would be useful. Everything else would be pointless, most studios outsource entire works so who would we tag then? the studio who has the rights or the studio who did all the work? What about in cases with more than one level of outsourcing? Just sounds like a messy situation that will lead to a lot of misinformation spreading and at the same time reinforcing a lot of negative preconceptions people have about studio brands - especially for a site dedicated to individual animator contributions, tagging the studio doesnt make any sense
PurpleGeth said:
you basically listed the only 3 situations where a studio tag would be useful. Everything else would be pointless, most studios outsource entire works so who would we tag then? the studio who has the rights or the studio who did all the work? What about in cases with more than one level of outsourcing? Just sounds like a messy situation that will lead to a lot of misinformation spreading and at the same time reinforcing a lot of negative preconceptions people have about studio brands - especially for a site dedicated to individual animator contributions, tagging the studio doesnt make any sense
I personally feel like any discussion about the studios should probably just stay in the comments. Trying to tag them all would be a fool's errand in the long run.