Uploading 3d Animation
I was looking around the site and I noticed that there hasn't been really any animation made entirely in 3d like in Pixar movies or the Overwatch shorts uploaded. Is that kind of content not allowed here or have people just not uploaded anything like it yet?
Juresi said:
I was looking around the site and I noticed that there hasn't been really any animation made entirely in 3d like in Pixar movies or the Overwatch shorts uploaded. Is that kind of content not allowed here or have people just not uploaded anything like it yet?
Pretty sure this is supposed to represent 2D animation. It's a similar reason why Puppet animation tends to be removed most of the time.

CGI can still be used, but there needs to be some amount of 2D involved
When we started there was a softer stance, but people demanded clear rules so we went with no full CGi uploads since that was what most users preferred at the time. As you might have noticed though, there's a bunch of posts (Houseki no Kuni's in particular) where the main draw is clearly the 3D artistry that bypassed that rule by having some hand-drawn elements. That's one way to cheat that I'm perfectly fine with.
Alright, that's fair. Thank you for replying