Unofficial/Original
Hi, I'd like to ask about two things.
First, what's the Booru's stance on animation based on existing properties, but is unofficial? I want to upload animations from Touhou fan works, would these be accepted, and would they require a tag saying they're unofficial?

Second, does anyone think an "original" tag might be useful? for animations not related to any properties (See post #42357). I'm not married to the idea, but it's what Danbooru does and it came to mind.
Fan works are not tagged with the respective copyright, it's better that way to reduce confusion . An original tag isn't needed because the lack of a copyright tag is enough tell you that it's an original work
Gem said:
Fan works are not tagged with the respective copyright, it's better that way to reduce confusion .
I can see where this is coming from, so that people don't think it's official, but that comes with the price of not having the copyright there at all? Wouldn't this present less opportunities for people to discover the series the animation is attached to? Since there's nothing delineating an unofficial work from an original work, I'm thinking people might confuse those two with one another. I don't know tell me what you think.

Gem said:
An original tag isn't needed because the lack of a copyright tag is enough tell you that it's an original work
I'm good with that. I was just thinking if (For whatever reason) someone wanted to browse wholly original animations, how would they go looking for it?
Canni-can said:
I was just thinking if (For whatever reason) someone wanted to browse wholly original animations, how would they go looking for it?
They should be, and I think almost all are tagged with 'web'.

And as for fan animations, I think itd be just too much to bother with considering how little there actually is on this site, but its not up to me