Sakuga Reddit Discussion?
I made the following post over on r/anime trying to gauge if there was interest in more animation-specific discussion on that site.

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3b3wza/would_there_be_interest_in_a_sakuga_subreddit/

Not sure about doing a subreddit, but I think a weekly sakuga thread is manageable. I'm a big fan of this site and visit it daily for updates on who animated my favorite scenes, but I do feel like it's rare that the comments foster real discussion/analysis about the sakuga.

Not sure if there's a lot of crossover between reddit and this site, but is there anyone here who'd be interested in participating in a weekly discussion about the sakuga in the week's simulcast shows? I'm reasonably knowledgeable about sakuga but nowhere near the level of some of the uploaders on this site.
Why not discuss it on /a/ instead? That way we can have sakuga, dank memes, and shitposting all in one thread.
/a/ is a crapshoot. Sometimes you can have good discussion, most of the time you can't. Or at least that's how it was a couple years ago
I'm game for it. I've always been interested in having a place to discuss sakuga with people in some way or form. Over the years I've tried on forums, which didn't work since not many people register to unknown forums. We tried with the 4chan BBS for a few years but that eventually turned to crap due to the spammers and trolls. Technically this forum is always here but as FA says, not many people come here for discussion.

Right now Twitter and IRC is where low level of sakuga discussion takes place. Since Reddit is quite popular at the moment, it offers the same benefits as /a/ but you don't lose your threads and you don't have to suffer the contempt of Anonymous users. I've thought about doing this myself for a while but I never got round to it. I know /r/Sakuga exists but it is barely used from what I can recall.
Well... I would'nt want to shoot a dead horse, as I'm sure everyone around here has already found it by now (and I've seen FierceAlchemist creat interesting topics already), but the reddit has been live for 4 months now :

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeSakuga/

I'm thinking of less knowledgeable sakuga fans looking for a decent sakuga community that could be interested by it... And that could have saved me a lot of time only hours ago ^^

If you know of any other good community on the topic, please share it with us. What I'm looking for especially, as I am an animator myself, are technics, insights, japanese mind process when they're starting a cut, and perhaps share my work with other sakuga enthousiasts.
jep said:
Well... I would'nt want to shoot a dead horse, as I'm sure everyone around here has already found it by now (and I've seen FierceAlchemist creat interesting topics already), but the reddit has been live for 4 months now :

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeSakuga/

I'm thinking of less knowledgeable sakuga fans looking for a decent sakuga community that could be interested by it... And that could have saved me a lot of time only hours ago ^^

If you know of any other good community on the topic, please share it with us. What I'm looking for especially, as I am an animator myself, are technics, insights, japanese mind process when they're starting a cut, and perhaps share my work with other sakuga enthousiasts.
(I need to check this forum more often)

Yeah, its nice that r/AnimeSakuga exists though not a lot of people post there. I got a full time job last summer so I stopped posting my weekly r/anime write ups but perhaps I should try doing something simpler on r/AnimeSakuga and repost it to try and get more people using the reddit.
True to my word, here's a post I just made on r/AnimeSakuga about the scene that I think had the best animation from this past simulcast week. I'm going to try and make this a weekly thing so we'll see how it goes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeSakuga/comments/4jnee3/best_animation_of_the_week_spring_2016_week_7/